Mar 21, 2008

It's a Good Friday

Ah, nothing like a long weekend to rejuvenate the soul and refresh the spirit! Today I am doing nothing much at all (my favourite weekend activity), including NOT observing the holiday other than to have a hot cross bun for breakfast and fish for dinner (I'm being invited for fish & chips with family tonight, and it would behoove me not to accept an offer to be fed).

Note to self: Add the fact that I am a "former Roman Catholic cult member who has since seen the light" to profile.

Another thing I am not doing this weekend is even thinking about work. At least that was the plan until I got an invite to go out on a date from a customer with whom I am working very closely. I was blown away....never saw it coming! A very nice guy, but I obviously wouldn't be available for a Saturday date on this short notice anyhow. Besides...I get a little queasy at the thought of dating someone at work. I just don't see how it can be done without affecting the professional relationship, and I'm sure my employer would frown on it. So I politely declined.

And speaking of the job, I am hoping to get some direction over the next week or so as to where things are going. That is, whether or not I will be kept on in this role (I'm currently replacing someone on medical leave), or if I'll be finishing up at the end of the month. Right now I'm going month to month, which makes planning for the future a bit impossible.

A book I am probably going to buy this weekend is The Secret. I find the concepts within it fascinating and exciting, but ridiculously simple...so simple actually that it's no wonder we would miss it as the human race seems to have evolved to the point of not being able to see the forest for the trees.

Happy Easter, for those of you who, unlike me, are observing!

No comments: