Jan 31, 2006

Bizzy the Landlady

Well I guess technically in the 21st century I'm actually a landLORD, as we are now foregoing all gender references associated with titles. I spent some time tonight in my newly-vacant basement apartment doing some cleaning to prepare for my next tenant - whoever it may be. My previous tenant was a verrrry young mother with a three-year-old son whose father was a humongous loser and had virtually no interest in his son. She has just moved into a house she bought with her boyfriend of about six months after renting from me for almost two years. Smart, huh?

I took the vacuum to the place, and it looks much better. I'm surprised that she didn't leave more junk for me to haul to the dump, as there were only two garbage bags, a broken crib and mattress and a stack of old magazines left behind. After vacuuming I tried to clean the floor, however her son had taken a pen to the vinyl flooring, and...well...let's just say that he might as well have taken magic marker to it...
I tried scrubbing with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser...nothing. Then I saturated the stains with Clorox bleach cleaner and let it sit for ten minutes, and NOTHING. It didn't even touch it. There are marks like these in a few areas of the floor in the middle of the apartment. If anyone out there has any clue how I can get rid of them, please advise!

Go here for more pics on my basement apartment, and how to contact me if you're interested.

B.G. ;)

No comments: