Jan 28, 2006

King Kong lives

I finally caught this flick at my local AMC theatre before it went to DVD. The kids had been bugging to see it, so my mother and I took them despite my slight misgivings that there may be some frightening scenes. What an amazing movie! Movies like these are why we have overly expensive huge screen theatres and Oscar awards; why we still spend big bucks to go out to the cinema instead of just waiting for it to come to our local Blockbuster so we can rent it and watch it from the comfort of our own couch at home. I was totally blown away by the computer-animated beast and how they were able to give him some very human qualities. The fight scene between King Kong and the T-Rex was one of the best I've ever seen; and the touching moment between beauty and beast on the frozen pond and at the top of the Empire State building will stay with me for a long time. The only thing that would have made it better, for me at least, would be to 1) leave out the stupid gross scenes of the men getting eaten alive by giant carnivorous worms and grasshoppers, and 2) add some sick 3D effects to make the giant ape jump right off the screen! If you haven't already done so, do yourself a favour and run right out now to catch a viewing before its run in the theatres ends. You'll kick yourself if you don't!

B.G. ;)

No comments: