Jan 5, 2006

New Year...new blog space

I have noticed that bloggers on MSN Spaces often have other blog sites elsewhere. I have often wondered why this is so, and so here I am to follow suit and see how having another blog space will enrich my blogging experience. My main blog site represents hours upon hours of blood, sweat and tears that I have spent turning the site into something meaningful and personal for me. However, having witnessed so many people on MSN randomly losing their blogs for no apparent reason, I am rapidly losing confidence in the site, and flirting with other sites on which to pen my thoughts, peeves and personal opinions and inferences on life in general.

I am currently staying at my sister, Pam's place in Hot Springs, AR. I am here to assist her in managing her new twin daughters, and to help her establish some sort of routine. I will have been here almost two weeks by the time I leave on Sunday afternoon.

Hot Springs is a spa city. The infamous bathhouse row is what the downtown core is best known for. It is said that a syphilis-ridden Al Kapone himself would visit the city just for a renowned therapeutic bath in one of the many such establishments that line the street - only one of which is still in operation today. Tourists can walk up to and wade about in the many open hot springs from which warm, steamy water flows freely. It is quite a sight to behold.

The weather is lovely and warm here in the bible belt. It is currently sitting at 59 degrees, and has been as high as more than 70. Hard to believe it's the dead of winter back home. I'm not looking forward to returning to the harsh Canadian climate, and to my ultra-stressful job!

B.G.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello
Not sure where I am but it looks cool, having just read your msn space about IE running so slowly I'm wondering if this has been my problem...will have to look in to it!
Take care, Gx