Jan 14, 2006

A quiet weekend at home

I finally got my unpacking done today...sheesh. The boys are here this weekend and we're going to see The Chronicles of Narnia this afternoon. After that we are heading over to Mum's place for a Saturday dinner of fish & chips. Tomorrow we'll head over to Jen's for a visit with her and little Ashley. I bought her a cute little t-shirt that has wild baby hogs on it that says 'Future Arkansas Razorback'. It's adorable.

I bought a copy of 'Digital Photography for Dummies' so I can learn how to use the bells and whistles on my camera that I haven't figured out yet. The manual tells me how to change the aperture and shutter speed settings, but it doesn't tell me WHY I might want to do these things. I think I have figured out that if my shutter speed is faster I need the flash and my photos will be less blurry, but if I increase the aperture it allows more light in and you may need a tripod to minimize shake? Here is a shot of my kitty with increased aperture and no flash. I was resting the camera on the bed to reduce shake. Not bad, eh?

I have lots of other photos I took during my trip and at Christmas. I have them all on my Flickr account. Feel free to check them out!

I met Mum for lunch yesterday. As we were leaving we ran into an old boyfriend of mine who now works in the mall where my office is. My girlfriend and I used to 'borrow' (steal is more like it) her mother's car without her permission and take joy rides into Scarborough to hang out with him and his friends. One day we got caught, and I was sent to live with my father in Sutton to avoid being charged (it was all my fault, you see - my girlfriend's mother felt I was a bad influence on her daughter when she really had no idea what a rebel her child was). We subsequently broke up, but recently met up again on the job and have been fast friends ever since. The funny thing is that I am WAY out of his league now, and would never consider getting with him again. Yet when we were in our teens he was the cat's ass and I couldn't get enough of him. Who knew? As we were leaving I joked to Mum that the incident was all his fault, causing him to squirm uneasily and hurry on his way. Relaaaaax, dude: it was half our lives ago...it's all water under the bridge now!

B.G. ;)

No comments: