Jun 16, 2007

Adventure on the "high seas"

Yesterday Ber and I together with the boys went on a three-hour sailing tour around Toronto Harbour on the Tall Ship Adventures with Toronto Brigantine group. We all helped out in hoisting and bringing down the sails, which made it all the more fun, especially for Josh and Tyssen who had never sailed before. They are now both very interested in learning more about it. We were on a boat very much like this one below, and it was captained by a teenager who seemed to have forgotten more about sailing than I'll ever know.

I ended up kicking myself extra hard because in all the stress of trying to make it to the end of Lower Spadina from my office in Oshawa before the ship sailed at 6pm I neglected to bring my camera with me...and missed out on all kinds of fabulous photo ops!!! I still haven't gotten over it...arghhhhh!!! Hopefully I'll be able to post a link to other people's photos soon, as there were a few other passengers who had the presence of mind to come better prepared than myself.

No comments: