Jun 28, 2007

Incommunicado


Egads!
Originally uploaded by Bizzy Girl.
Well thanks to the natives at the Tyendinaga reserve in Belleville, my train for tomorrow was cancelled, and not only do I not have the ability to call home that often (hotels shamelessly johnny-hole you with their long distance fees), my cellphone is almost dead as I don't have a charger for it.

So, tonight I spent some time on Messenger with my kids. I was horrified when my youngest logged on and I saw his tagline. It read "50 cent ruls at raping". After I recovered from the shock I realized what he was trying to say, and I quickly IM'd him to tell him to change it...pronto.

So as it stands now I have exchanged my train ticket with a seat on Saturday's train, and was lucky enough to get the room for an extra night if I need it. Tomorrow I'll call head office and see if they would be able to get me a flight out of here tomorrow afternoon sometime so I can get up to Keswick to pick up Tyssie for our weekend together.

And as far as the natives are concerned, they are putting me out and causing an inconvenience, but I figure we kind of came in and took over their land a couple of centuries ago, so it's hard finding justification to complain!

2 comments:

C Merry said...

LOL, glad you caught that :)
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment.
:)
TLLT

Anonymous said...

Ah the dangers of typos :-)

I just kicked off a project with a client and part of the homework we gave them was to read the cheese book. Good to see that its on your list of favorites.

Thanks for the photo btw.