May 23, 2010

A Day at the Beach(es)

Today Kelly and I enjoyed a lovely brekkie at a place just down the street from her apartment. Doing my level best to adhere to my diet, I ordered two eggs scrambled, bacon and rye toast. It came with home fries, which I ignored, and I only had one slice of the toast - no jam. I asked if they had any fruit, and they did not. There were a couple half slices of orange on my plate as a garnish, so I ate that, and I only ate three pieces of the bacon (three slices is actually one serving, and the calorie count is over 200!).














Then we went for a stroll and hopped the TTC down to The Beaches. It had been six years since I'd been down there, and it was such a beautiful day that we couldn't resist taking advantage of it. We did a little shopping, and happened across Kew Beach United Church, where my father and stepmother were married almost 30 years ago! It was in much better repair at that time, unfortunately.

We stopped for bubble tea, and then proceeded to the Boardwalk to people- and dog-watch. A young girl approached us with a collection of seashells asking us if we would like to purchase any, as she was raising funds to buy her friend a birthday present. At 25 cents each we couldn't say no....

No comments: